Monday, March 14, 2005

In the Don't Try This at Home Category

Especially after that last blog, you'd think I'd be old enough know better: 

Took a half a xanax at the beginning of the night on Saturday, something I very rarely do. I am generally an alcohol and Advil kind of girl. But what the hell. So Motorhead was great, as usual, except they had to leave the stage for a few minutes midway because of annoying sound problems. Also, the set was short and it was so crowded we stayed in the back and felt a little removed. 

I went backstage for a minute but didn't see Lemmy and the crew because there was a wait and I didn't want to be a selfish jerk and make my friends wait outside in the cold.

My favorite part of the evening (what I can remember): Harlequinn saying "Hookers! I see hookers everywhere!" Ain't it the truth, sister!

But then afterwards, all happy and full of rock and roll, went to Niagara and started drinking shots of tequila, completely forgetting about the xanax. Suffice to say I have absolutely no recollection of the second half of the evening. I do remember someone saying, "You're drunk!", which of course I most indignantly denied.

I woke up in full makeup (including eyelashes), jewelry in the sheets, behind the bed, under the pillow, clothing in a trail from the door. My bf came in panicked and said, "Why did I sleep on the couch? Did we have a fight?" Nope, we had a major lapse in judgement and that's where he passed out, in his clothes.

Somewhere in the mayhem I lost my bank card and driver's license, so I spent the afternoon in a haze searching for them, then gave up and got a manicure, practically nodding out in the middle. Chinese nail lady: "You so tired!!" Um, yes, working so hard you know...

If you were anywhere near me Saturday night between midnight and 3 am, I do apologize.

But--in the My Boyfriend Rocks category: Last night a gunning female fan tried to pull off one of his rings (he is famed drummer extraordinaire Drew Thomas), and he stopped her, saying, "Don't. My girlfriend gave that to me." To which she responded: "Your girlfriend scares me." And he said, "Yep. She is scary. My girlfriend is BAD ASS." That's right, bitch. Get your hands off my man or I might wreck you and not remember it in the morning.

No comments: