Friday, September 16, 2005

I'm Proud of my Sis!

You, my myspace (and real life) friends, are very generous about giving me love and appreciation, and I cannot tell you how grateful I am. I am an extraordinarily lucky girl.

But right now I want to tell you that while I am in NY pondering my own mundane shit, thinking about fancy bras, drinking $5 lattes and getting pedicures, my sister is actually making a difference for the animals made homeless by Katrina, in her own personal and typically quiet and unassuming way. I usually get the attention while she gets the little sister pat on the head, and it's not always fair. I wouldn't be who or what I am without her love and support. I may not have even survived NYC at one point if she hadn't shown up just in time to help me pick up the pieces of my broken life. And I am just so impressed that she actually went out and did something instead of just watching the news and shaking her head.

So I feel it's important to hail her the way she deserves. If you have a chance, take a look at her last blog (Katrina) and see if you don't feel the same.

Even though she can eat all the pasta she wants and stay skinny (jerk), and even though she won't let me drive her car (I'm an excellent driver), and even though she tells me I should stop pretending I'm a teenager and start acting my age (never gonna happen)--my sister rocks.

No comments: