Thursday, January 11, 2007

Transcendant Moments

These are off the top of my head...


--When the Levee Breaks: the millisecond pause behind the beat that Robert Plant takes before kicking into "If it keeps on raining..." 


--Panda jumping into my arms when I reached down to pick him up.

--Go-go dancing to a favorite song, in sync with the crowd below, feeling connected and in control of the energy on the dance floor.

--Falling asleep in clean sheets, everything silent except for purring cats.

--Standing on the balcony watching the show: he looks up from the stage, I whisper "See me." And he does.

--The intro to Bela Lugosi's Dead.

--That second that it dawns that you are finally over a broken heart.

--In my 20's, in the passenger seat of Kim's giant 50's Buick, cigarette in hand, music blasting, Kim waving at strangers, feeling too cool for school and knowing the night's only going to get better.

--Smelling and feeling your lover's hair when he leans in to whisper.

--Hearing my two-year old nephew ask hopefully, "Mary's coming?"


Now give me yours...

No comments: